@macbethanee

Thursday, June 16

Thursday Latelies!


I know this girl who’s really cool. She’s got a blog over at Bex… A Style Diary (not dairy, completely different blog) and every Thursday, she posts her “Thursday Latelies.” Simply put, it’s a day of the week to step back and look at what has been bringing you joy and happiness during the week. She’s constantly inviting people to join her, and after much persuasion (not really), I’ve acquiesced. Her post is video, but I’m not really ready for that just yet.
I’ll stick to my forte (writing).


1. FAMILY
They kinda rock.
My parents are loving and completely supportive in everything I do. They have never pressured me to get married or get a “real job” or be anything other than just me. And they love each other more now than ever before. I am blessed to witness this.
My brother is one of the most loyal people I know. And fun. It’s kinda scary how much he and I think alike sometimes. Makes hang out time with him quite enjoyable.
My sister (in-law) is one of the coolest people I know (see above). She’s beautiful and talented and tender-hearted and funny and caring and honest and straightforward and a whole lot of other things. I’m so thankful that she picked Ben and he was smart enough to catch on.
My extended family is awesome too. I believe I’m one of the few people in this world who can say I am friends with nearly all of my cousins. Any time I have the chance to hang with them is sure to be a fun night.

2. FRIENDS
The saying goes, “Show me a man’s friends and I will show you the man.” Or something like that. If that’s the case, than I am so freaking cool. And funny. And drama-less. Because that’s what my friends are. My bestie (who also happens to be my roomie) is beautiful and hilarious and wise beyond her years. She encourages me and pushes me and loves me no matter what. When you can find someone that will ignore your incessant snooze-button-pushing, you know they’re a keeper.
I have many friends who I know will always be here (there?) for me. Many of them live all across the country, but none are farther than a phone call away. For them I am thankful.

3. PEPSI
It’s tasty. And fizzy. And better than Coke. If you have a different opinion on this subject, I don’t really want to hear it. You can just keep that to yourself and step outside of my house, thank you very much.

4. CHILI SOUP
It’s this awesome food that my mom used to make for me. One of my favorite meals. Definitely my favorite thing to eat that I know how to cook (the kitchen is not my specialty). It basically is just ground beef, chili beans, small pasta shells (not macaroni, mom), tomato juice, chili seasoning, and chili powder.
Because most of the ingredients only come in one size, one batch is about eight servings. So I usually put it in jars in the fridge and eat it throughout the week. Yummy.

5. HEROES
My wonderful roomie got me hooked on this show. Thankfully she has the first three seasons on DVD so I don’t have to wait through commercials. But because I don’t have to wait, I just keep watching and watching. And not going to bed on time. I’m kind of thankful that she doesn’t have season four so I can try to get my sleep cycle back on track. I have very, very little self-control.

So. That’s what’s bringing joy to my little heart right now. The first three kinda always give me joy…

1 comment:

  1. Love you Bethany! I kinda like the Pepsi too although it usually doesn't return the love.

    ReplyDelete