@macbethanee

Friday, October 22

Definition

I have to admit that my post yesterday was something I wrote about a year ago. I tweaked it a little bit before putting it up, but for the most part it was quite old. But, I needed somewhere to start and didn't have a lot of time to write. Today I have a little more time and will now do this blog thing properly.


Stochasticity
I would love to tell you that it is a word that has been in my vocabulary for ages, but that would be lying. I wanted to simply title this "Randomness" but felt that that had most likely been done a time or two. So I checked out randomness on Google's thesaurus and it gave me "stochasticity."  MS Word would like to change it to simply, "stochastic."  The definition I found was "randomness: the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan" or "random events or behaviors that are not deterministic." Now that last word is another one I'd never heard before. It is defined this way: "Determinism is the view that every event, including human cognition, behavior, decision, and action, is causally determined by an unbroken chain of prior occurrences."
Now if you're like me, you kind of skimmed over that at first then had to go back and really read it to understand what in the world it meant. What I gathered is that stochasticity is a condition of haphazardness and unpredictability and uncertainty. Basically. And that is what this blog will be. Random. That is what I am. Believe me, if you could take a moment inside my head it would make you dizzy how quickly my thoughts flit from one subject to another.
That is all for today though. I promise not every post will be long and thought out and mentally challenging. If this wasn't challenging for you, then you, my friend, need to go read a physics book or something.
Now I have a game to go watch.
GO RANGERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment