@macbethanee

Tuesday, February 22

Let Me Just Say This...

Okay first of all, I've not been consistent in this whole blogging thing. Let's just all accept it and get over it. And yes I'm mainly talking to myself there.

Anyways, there is something that came to mind this evening of which I just really need to express my thoughts.



I will not change who I am for anyone but God.

I will not hide any part of my personality from anyone.
I may be crazy, but you will just have to deal with it.
If you don't like one side of me, you don't get to see the other sides. For example, if you don't appreciate the fact that I love baseball, maybe we can't be close friends. We can be friends, but it'll just be more like acquaintances. Don't misunderstand me - you don't have to love baseball as much as I do. You don't even have to like it. But you do have to be excited with me whenever I get excited and listen for at least 2 full minutes while I ramble on about that great game. I am always willing to listen to my friends ramble about their latest shopping find (I hate shopping) or whatever they happen to be passionate about.
I know more about baseball than most of the guys I know. I'm not bragging or anything, I'm just stating a fact. I will not be ashamed of this. I will not hide this so that some guy will be less intimidated.
I will not be the one pursuing. I refuse. I'm not saying that I'm cutting off all friendships with members of the opposite sex. I'm saying that I will no longer go out of my way to talk to any guy. Honestly I don't know why I was doing that before, but I'm definitely done now. If you are interested in me, then go out of your way to talk to me. If we're just friends, let's just be friends. Shouldn't be too complicated, right? Yeah. Right.
When it comes to girls, I will go out of my way to say hi. Too often we females take on this kind of enemy mentality. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so. We read into other girls' actions and assume they are against us. Our insecurities are easily magnified in our minds so we stick to the people we know and try to act like we didn't really notice you either.
I'm done with that. I notice a lot. Probably too much for my own good. Guys, don't expect me to reach out. Girls, expect me to reach out. To all my friends, guys and girls, I am thankful to have you in my life. If life is measured by the amount of people who truly know you and yet still love you, I think I might be winning.

Now when it comes to "relationships" I may not have any real experience, but I have my standards and I'm not going to compromise.
I will not try to be less intimidating. If some guy is really serious, he'll get past the intimidation. Honestly, I don't want anyone who can't get beyond that. I deserve better.

I know this has been yet other long, random, rambling post, but, hey, that's just how I am. Deal with it.

Love to you all and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment