@macbethanee

Sunday, January 30

Trust

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;

"The word בטח (bÿtakh, “trust”) is used in the OT in (1) literal physical sense: to physically lean upon something for support and (2) figurative sense: to rely upon someone or something for help or protection (BDB 105 s.v. I בְּטַח; HALOT 120 s.v. I בטח). The verb is often used with false securities, people trusting in things that prove to be worthless. But here the object of the secure trust is the Lord who is a reliable object of confidence." (Taken from NETBible here: Proverbs 3:5)

My biggest issue. I forget so easily.
I trust in myself. I trust in my friends. I trust in my family.
I screw up. My friends forget. My family disappoints.
But God? He doesn't screw up. He never forgets me. He always comes through.
So why do I forget Him so easily?
Why do I put so much trust in myself and never enough in Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment