@macbethanee

Monday, January 24

Consider This...

I am really frustrated right now. I am going to try to vent that frustration here without going in to any kind of specifics. I'm not sure if I will be successful at this, but what the heck. It's all I can think about right now, anyway. I promise not to cuss. At least not anymore.



How hard is it to be considerate? One thing I have learned through the years is that people generally appreciate it when you try to see things from their point of view. Try to step in their shoes for a moment. (Figuratively. Literally might be painful, awkward, and/or creepy.) See through their eyes. (Again, figuratively.)

Before I do most things, I usually think it through. How will someone else see this? Does this inconvenience anyone? How will it affect those around me?

Now don't think that I live my life to please others. Trust me, I'm selfish at the core. But I do consider how things will be viewed and reacted to. And, most of the time, the answers affect my actions.

I admit, sometimes, I get really frustrated and hope that others will see how pissed off I am by my lack of consideration. I try to annoy and irritate. I'm learning that the subtle hints I drop are often missed and trampled over. I need a new tactic. But, in the heat of my anger, I generally resort to yelling and cussing, and then I get mad at myself for giving in.

I'm a bottler. I bottle things up until I explode. I don't know how to do things any other way. The only way I can avoid this is if I have the chance to say something the very instant something upsets or frustrates me. And if I did that, I'd probably start by yelling.

What's the right way to say to someone how much they anger you without cussing?

How do you teach someone to be thoughtful and considerate of others when they are quite content in their self-centeredness?

How do you not punch people in the face?

Can I at least print out a picture and put it on a target to shoot? Or actually shoot them with paintballs? BBs? Nerf arrows? Rubber bands? Throwing darts? Lawn darts? Croquet balls? Bowling balls? Come on. Give me something!

And if you do have advice for me, don't tell me to "look at it from their point of view" because I am. I all see is selfishness. Or "be angry but do not sin." Too late. I'm pretty sure God's on my side with this anyway.

What helps you calm down when you're in a raging temper?

No comments:

Post a Comment