@macbethanee

Thursday, January 20

Near and Dear

Tonight I want to share something with you all that is very near and dear to my heart. I have yet to mention on here, so you probably don't know this, but I am a fan. A baseball fan. A big one. And by big I mean in devotion, not is size.



I can't explain why. I just know that it is. My love of baseball is a big part of who I am. I know, deep inside, that my praying and cheering for my team has affected the outcome. I can't give you and specific instances, but I still know this to be true.

I think it's healthy to invest yourself in something outside of your control, something bigger than yourself. And my beloved Arizona Diamondbacks are very much outside my control. But I heartily believe that my prayers helped them in 2001. I've back-slid since then, but this year, I'm closer to God than ever before.

That is why I believe they will go all the way this year. Oh yes. Don't you just love my logic?

2011 is our year. It's the tenth anniversary of our last Championship. And we're hosting the All Star Game. (Which I will be attending, God willing.)

Someday, when I'm independently wealthy, I will have season tickets to the Dbacks. And maybe even go to all the road games too. Who knows?

I can dream, right?

24 more days until pitchers and catchers report!

No comments:

Post a Comment