@macbethanee

Friday, October 21

I Can See Clearly Now

If you have that song in your head now, I'd say we just might be able to be friends.

Life is confusing.



I've come to terms with this fact.

Within a few months, everyone I'd come to depend on moved away or simply left my church, which is like a second home to me.
Scary stuff.

That left me with quite a few questions.
Am I where I'm supposed to be?
Am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing?
Who can I turn to for advice and wisdom and perspective?
 And absolutely no answers.

So I decided to go on a fast, seeking clarity from God.
I know you're not "supposed" to talk about fasting, but hey, this is my forum for sharing my life.

I decided to do a 40 day fast from Pepsi.
Those who know me know this is a big deal.
I love Pepsi. A lot.

But hey, I knew I could do it.

And then clarity came. Peace too.

I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.
I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.
God has better advice, wisdom, and perspective than anyone.  And I can hear Him when I'm not being stupid.
So, day 15 of 40, and I'm good.

And the Pepsi is delicious. (That means I'm drinking it again. I got REALLY hyper off the first one. Good times at work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment