@macbethanee

Tuesday, November 22

QT

For the past few weeks, I have been realizing that I really enjoy spending time with other people.
This may seem like a strange thing to realize, but I consider myself to be fairly independent. And therefore, a part of me assumes that I shouldn't care whether or not I hang out with people.
But I do.

Granted, I do enjoy alone time too. Recharge the batteries and all that.
But those times are few and far between.
Maybe it's because I basically work alone. I sit and stare at a computer screen and talk to maybe five or six people all day long.
And then I come home and want to socialize. As in, right now.
Just about every day.
Get home, change, eat, find people, and do something.
When I get home late at night I'm happy. A sore stomach from laughing with friends is one of my favorite feelings. Having a real conversation with someone and learning things about them is one of my favorite things to do.
When I go to sleep at night and know that I've laughed and talked with people I sleep well. I wake up rested. I usually wake up late, but it doesn't usually matter what time I go to bed for that happen...
So if I have the chance to spend some good quality time with friends, I'm going to do it. I wonder now what moments I missed because I "just didn't feel like hanging out." 
"The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out."  - http://bible.us/Prov20.5.NIV84

No comments:

Post a Comment