@macbethanee

Tuesday, August 27

My Trust Is In...

My trust is in God.

Not drugs. Not doctors. Not my own faith or prayers. Not the faith or prayers of anyone I know. Not in anyone's ideas or knowledge.

God. Jesus. The Holy Spirit.

The only ones I trust.

But if any doctors tell me to take drugs, I'm going to take them. I am trusting that God is working on my behalf through these doctors and nurses and lab technicians.

You see, I've been having some health problems. I won't go into detail, because, frankly, I'm tired of talking about it all. I've arrived at the point where I have to laugh at it all, or else I'll cry. I laughed all weekend. Today, I cried. I'm terrified. 

But this afternoon, God asked me the same question Aladdin asked Jasmine.

"Do you trust Me?"

(Obviously when Aladdin asked it, it didn't have a capital "Me".)

And I answered, "Yes."

So, I'm still pretty scared, but as the saying goes, I know Who holds my tomorrow. I know that all things work together for good. I'm leaning on everlasting arms. 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment