@macbethanee

Friday, August 24

Mint Condition

There is an injustice and a prejudice that is running rampant in the world today.

A prejudice against mint flavor.

The two best times of the year, besides my birthday, are Christmas and St. Patrick's Day.

Why, might you ask? 

Because at Christmas time, mint M&M's are readily available. At St. Patrick's Day, mint milkshakes are attainable at nearly every fast food restaurant.

But the rest of the year?

Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

And it's so sad!

In my family, we stock up on mint M&M's and eat them year round. But we shouldn't have to, people! For a short while in Dallas, dark chocolate mint M&M's could be found sporadically. Delicious. And some places have a mint flavor option for their shakes, but those are the exception, not the rule. So sad.

I am an In-N-Out aficionado. (I almost had that spelling correct. Darn.) I love their shakes. But they don't have mint. If they did, I would probably gain fifty pounds as a result of eating there for every meal and never, ever leaving. So maybe it's a good thing they don't. But, no! Please! Please, In-N-Out, bring in the mint! I promise to exercise self-restraint. And to promote you at every turn. I'll even drive one of those ad-wrapped cars without payment. Now if you want to pay me, I won't turn that down...

But I digress. People of the world, I implore you! Accept mint as a standard flavor! Imagine the possibilities! You could mix mint and chocolate together and have a delectable shake with your lunch. Or just enjoy a mint shake at any time of the day and year. In a perfect world, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment